Jewelry Care

Our jewelry is made with 14k gold filled and sterling silver, both of which are durable and long-lasting. 

What is gold filled?

Gold filled is a very thick layer of gold, wrapped around a base metal.  It is far stronger than gold plated which is very thin.  Gold filled jewelry is able to withstand the daily wear and tear of life and if taken care of properly, will last a long time!

What is sterling silver?

Sterling silver is an alloy, which means it is a mixture of a few metals.  Unlike pure silver, which is very malleable, sterling silver is 92.5% pure, which is why you sometimes see a makers mark on it.  The remaining 7.5% is a mixture of metals to make the silver stronger.  Our silver does not contain nickel nor cadmium.  Sterling silver as a result is very strong.  The best way to take care of it is to wear it!

Feel free to leave your jewelry on while sleeping, bathing, exercising and swimming. After swimming in the ocean or pool, give your jewelry a good rinse with fresh water! 

No hot tub please, and be mindful of harsh chemicals and excessive perfumes. 

Seasonal jewelry collections occasionally contain coloured beads and wood which should be removed before all of the above! 

For questions, concerns or restringing inquiries, please message us at